|Big Picture Soda Company - Fact Sheet
Big Picture Soda
CLICK HERE TO TELL US YOUR PASSION!
- The original soda was developed in 2006 by a group of students at the Peace Street campus of the Met High School in Providence, Rhode Island.
- Yesenia Mercado developed a business plan to launch Big Picture Soda as part of a course offered at the Met High School through the National Foundation of Teaching Entrepreneurship (NFTE).
- All profits from the sale of Big Picture Soda will go to fund college scholarships for underprivledged Met students.
- Big Picture Soda contracted with The Yacht Club Bottling Company to make and distribute the soda. The Yacht Club is a 91-year-old, family owned business.
- Big Picture Soda is all natural, Vitamin C enriched. It is made from the very best artesian spring water and pure cane sugar.
- Big Picture Soda uses glass bottles to preserve the fresh taste.
- Darryl (DJ) Hall joined Big Picture Soda as Chief Operating Officer in July, 2006.
- Eight students joined Yesenia and DJ in October, 2006. The team meets each week on Tuesday and Thursday mornings. Big Picture Soda fulfills the school's internship requirement for these students.
- The team secured $10,000 in private financing to launch Big Picture Soda in November, 2006.
- Big Picture Soda went into production on December 12, 2006.
- Big Picture Soda hit retail shelves throughout Providence, RI on January 10, 2007.